Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: colleaguecare@AssociatedBank.com or call: (800) 878-3282.
Under direction of the Lead Systems Engineer, this position is responsible for performing the efforts of the Systems Engineering department to ensure the bank’s technology solutions are designed, implemented and supported within service level agreements. Provides support of the bank’s various network technologies systems to ensure system availability and stability. Implements server and workstation systems, automated jobs and processes and new technologies as approved. Clearly communicates information fellow colleagues and management to increase overall staff knowledge and excellent customer service. Creates documentation of new and existing systems.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Other Technical Support
Other Systems Health Monitoring
Other Project Implementation
Other Technical Consulting
Other Design and Capacity Planning of Technologies
Other Architectural Research and Development
Other New Project Initiatives
Other Data Center Hardware/Software Procurement
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies. 24x7 availability for critical system issues and a scheduled oncall rotation.
- Administers servers at all locations (including Active Directory in a large environment, DNS, file/print servers, storage, domain controllers, production applications, virtualization (VMware / Citrix), builds, high availability, Disaster Recovery, batch scheduling, security administration, patch management, alert notifications, user administration, operational support, and backup/recovery).
- Perform capacity planning, ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Test and implement software update requests across all business line systems, to ensure functionality is maintained and/or improved.
- Research, recommend and implement innovative, and where possible automated approaches for processes and system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers/workstations and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures which may include: system diagrams, system overviews, knowledgebase entries, service level agreements, maintenance windows, and support contact information.
- Act as project manager and/or provide expert consultation on complex projects, being considered a top-level subject matter expert on technologies who relies on experience and expert judgment to accomplish project goals.
- Lead and/or participates in the evaluation, recommendation and engineering of new technologies for various project and operational needs.
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate frequently with IT 3rd party service providers.
- Perform reporting and project management duties in accordance of ABC’s Project Management methodology and ITS Production Control standards, which includes: time reporting, resource planning, requests for change, daily operation call updates, and other project management deliverables. Provide timely and accurate status updates to management for review. QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Information Systems
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Information Systems
2-4 years 3-5 years systems engineering experience in a complex environment consisting of a large diverse population of users, computers, applications and technologies.
4-7 years 5-7 years systems engineering experience in a complex environment consisting of a large diverse population of users, computers, applications and technologies.
Special Skill Requirements:
Operate Office Equipment
attention to detail
Computer Systems (specify) Understanding and knowledge of many of the following technologies:
- Scripting (PowerShell, WinBatch, VBS, DOS, Perl)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Products such as SCCM, SQL, Exchange, SCOM, Windows XP/7/2003/2008 Operating Systems, Cluster Services
- Citrix Presentation Services
- Hardware devices such as servers, desktops, LCD’s, printers, laptops
- Information Security best practices
- Storage Area Networks (SAN), Direct Attached Storage (DAS), Network Attached Storage (NAS), RAID configurations
- Third-party management tools
- Mainframe hosts (IBM 3270, AS/400, RISC) administration and management
- Virtualization technologies (ESX VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, App-V)
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines