Regency Hospice- Florence is seeking an experienced RN for a full-time Case Manager opportunity. RNs are required to travel to patient homes (mileage reimbursement and fleet program offered). On-call coverage required.
Competitive salary and complete benefits.
To apply, send resume to post.
The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide direct patient care services to hospice patients and supportive care to the patient’s family; manage an interdisciplinary group consisting of Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants and support staff to enhance the quality of hospice care; and, case manages all assigned patient clinical records.
- Assures the highest quality of care is provided and documented in accordance with the Plan of Care.
- Performs the initial and on-going assessment of the patient.
- Helps develop and implement the Hospice Plan of Care as prescribed by the physician and in conjunction with the other members of the Interdisciplinary Group.
- Responsible for the education of the patient, family or other caregivers in relation to needs identified on the Plan of Care, including, but not exclusive of, medication administration, dressing changes, oxygen administration, Hospice philosophy and care of the terminally ill patient.
- Works closely with other members of the Interdisciplinary Group to provide all-inclusive physical, psychosocial, educational, emotional and spiritual services including bereavement support to the patient and family to achieve the highest quality of care.
- Maintains primary control and professional management of each patient and acts as primary liaison between physician, patient/family and hospice team so as to be fully aware and abreast of all clinical issues, staffing and scheduling concerns.
- Reports any change in the patient’s condition to both the Attending Physician and Hospice Physician.
- Maintains close contact with the patient’s family and/or significant others to provide information, support, and continuity of care.
- Maintains an accurate and updated medical record, including all Interdisciplinary notes, Plans of Care, initial and on-going assessments and any other information pertinent to the care of the patient.
- Performs on-going review and follow up on assigned patient clinical records to assure quality services are provided, standards of practice are followed, and compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements is met and maintained.
- Practices infection control measures and standard precautions.
- Makes routine supervisory visits of, and with, all other team members at least monthly.
- Monitors scheduling of all staff.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge pertaining to the management of pain and symptoms in the dying process.
- Participates in the Curo Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program.
- Attends staff meetings.
- May be requested to participate in agency on-call schedule.
- Performs other activities as assigned.
- Consistently promotes company’s core values.
- Completes required Curo annual training.
Job Type: Full-time