PHEAA is seeking a Vice President of Channels to join our team. The VP of Channels is responsible for the creation and delivery of business and Information Technology strategy, as well as the development and maintenance of all custom and packaged application systems in support of the Channels department, including mobile and web channels. The incumbent drives executive level prioritization of initiatives and provides recommendations to facilitate management decision making by working closely with senior executives of the business, providing strategic thought leadership, and delivering measureable value to the Agency and its customers. This position is responsible for continuously improving the Agency’s ability to create a positive experience for all PHEAA customers by driving digital solutions.
Strategy & Policy
- Collaborate with business units in providing strategic technical direction, determining how to optimize the value IT can provide to the Agency and address continuous and rapidly changing customer and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with business units and IT in developing strategic and tactical metrics, forecasting channel department needs, and reporting approach to measure the success of the overall Channels Team.
- Promote and maintain collaborative and consultative work within IT and the business to ensure smooth delivery and reception of IT services.
- Drive the development and maintenance of IT strategies and plans to make an effective business case that supports IT investment.
- Analyze organization issues and recommend IT and Business solutions to promote and achieve Agency strategy.
- Collaborate with the Office of the Enterprise Architecture to continuously streamline and simplify current technology platforms and ensure methodologies for systems development lifecycle and architecture are maintained and adhered to.
- Drive annual budgets, monitor and report on budget performance (plan vs. actual expenditure), develop forecast, and take appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
Relationship Management and Influence
- Collaborate across IT and business units to ensure the Channels department is operating as a strategic partner, providing value, guidance, support, and relevant communication
- Influence and guide discussions and decisions with respect to the development and management of IT and business strategy.
- Influence the prioritization of business initiatives and development of the business case for change.
- Lead strategic decision making with regard to winning new business, establishing new programs, and managing assignments.
- Empower Business Solutions team to be a proactive function that delivers strategic and tactical value to the Agency and its customers.
Planning and Project Management
- Develop and execute on a sourcing strategy (internal and/or external) to ensure appropriate skill sets are available to support agency initiatives.
- Collaborate with IT Operations, Enterprise Security and other functions within the Office of the CDO to deliver integrated, high quality, IT-based solutions to the Agency and its customers in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage project efforts with focus on continuously improving speed and quality while appropriately managing business and technical risks.
- Evaluate IT initiatives to identify requirements for professional project management.
- Provide direction on major issues, risks, and decisions and engage senior management as required.
- Coordinate efforts to provide high level estimates to be used for planning purposes.
- Collaborate closely with the executive leadership to define Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) across delivery function.
- Develop and enhance employee competence and effectiveness by providing on-going guidance, mentoring, feedback and motivation to staff adhering to department and PHEAA policies and procedures.
- Responsible for interviewing candidates, hiring, writing and delivering annual performance evaluations, promotions, and terminations as necessary.
- Ensure that the team has the appropriate tools and resources necessary to accomplish their assigned tasks.
- Perform periodic evaluation of team members and coach them in achieving delivery goals.
- Ensure staff has adequate technical and business knowledge required for execution.
- May serve as an alternate member for Information Technology on the Agency’s Critical Incident Management team.
Bachelor's degree or relevant experience or certification in computer science, information technology or other related disciplines. Eight years of experience managing multiple technology-based products, coordinating schedules and managing tasks and five years of experience in underlying discipline such as technical leadership or project management or an equivalent combination of experience and training/certification.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships with executive and senior management, clients, vendors, IT and business unit management, to understand the technical and business components of the organization’s initiatives and to ensure successful, high quality outcomes.
- Experience and knowledge of IT policy and strategy formulation and implementation in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to lead and influence collaboration and strategic decision making with executive level contacts at clients, vendors, and within the PHEAA executive management team.
- Advanced experience in process re-engineering, web-based technologies, agile processes, external development partners, and cloud-based service providers.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to critically investigate and analyze information to draw conclusions, make recommendations and implement solutions.
- Focus on making continuous improvement. Specific areas of concentration include value definition and delivery, teamwork, and establishing a proactive and effective culture aligned with strategic and tactical business goals
- Ability to set challenging team goals, provide leadership and motivation.
- Knowledge of federal and commercial loan servicing industry and understanding of future trends.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically and independently move on opportunities, and generate new ideas.
- Strong ability to partner and manage IT product and service vendors, including vendor selection, contracting, planning, execution, ongoing support, and hosting.
- Experience in digital leading practices, customer and user experience, creative processes, process re-design, agile processes, and digital service providers.
- Experience in contact center leading practices, Customer Relationship Management processes and technologies, telephony, process re-design, customer and user experience, and cloud-based service providers.
- Ability to manage multiple activities with varying priorities while ensuring accurate and timely results.
- Strong decision-making skills that allow the incumbent to take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Familiarity with both procedural and object oriented design principles.
- Demonstrated ability to take product designs and break them into logical units of work.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of software development practices and concepts.
Preferred Qualifications: Ten years of technical development experience, Eight years of technical team leadership experience, six years of project management experience
Candidates will enjoy our comprehensive total rewards program offering Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund (PEBTF) health/dental insurance and defined benefit plan, as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, participation in a deferred compensation program, and generous paid vacations and holidays.
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS). #LI-BS1 #Dice