- The Human Resource Director will be a key member of the company with oversight for all areas of the recruiting, staffing and the employee experience that allow employees to deliver on Guernsey’s passion for great customer service. The Human Resource Director will also provide innovative HR support in the areas of business objectives, HR initiatives, as well as Company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Develop and execute comprehensive recruiting strategies utilizing all tools such as direct sourcing, online resume databases, social networking, and networking events
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategies to cultivate a healthy and high performing work culture.
- Develop and implement workforce development and training program in areas of worker safety, customer service, effective supervision and leadership, workplace ethics, sexual harassment, and other topics.
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with leadership and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Oversee the Company’s Performance Evaluation System and recommends changes, when needed.
- Manages annual open enrollment period - communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers, conducts employee presentations and processes changes within deadlines.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans. Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers. Keeps senior management apprised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions, as appropriate.
- Represents the company for any unemployment and worker’s compensation claims, including investigation, gathering documentation and participating in telephone hearings, appeals hearing and hearings at unemployment offices.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Coordinates the writing/revision of job descriptions for all positions within the company annually.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook on policies and procedures.
- Participates in management staff meetings. Use opportunities to educate or re-educate managers on current laws and company policies/procedures.
- Plan and oversee company events including: Company picnics, holiday parties, holiday luncheon, retirement parties, staff meetings, other functions as requested.
- Develop and maintain source for company communication (i.e., newsletters, mass emails, etc.).
- Maintains morale and high retention rates. Recommends and implements coaching, development and corrective action of departmental staff to maintain high performance standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources management, public administration or closely related field.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-conscious team player able to prioritize tasks, works quickly and accurately with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced decision maker who uses good reasoning and sound judgment
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Must be self-motivated and have an enhanced ability to prioritize/plan in a fast paced environment
- Experience – five plus years of human resource management.
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates. Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS word, Excel, Power Point, and HRIS software.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Occasional lifting of office supplies and other material associated with position
- Requirements will vary; must be able to perform the essential duties of position with or without a reasonable accommodation
Please include salary requirements.
Guernsey, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, color, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical handicap, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Job Type: Full-time
- human resource management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 7 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts