Travels throughout the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) to collect, sort, deliver and/or pick up a variety of mail, correspondence, documents, audiovisual aides other materials, supplies and equipment.
, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY
and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Picks up, sorts, meters, delivers, and distributes mail and packages.
- Collects, sorts, delivers and distributes intra-district correspondence, records, and documents.
- Collects, sorts, delivers and distributes intra-district, inter-district, and U.S. Mail, audio-visual aides and equipment, materials and supplies.
- Follows established courier routes. May be asked to provide input and/or suggestions regarding scheduling, routing and/or other route-related matters.
- Provides as needed support to the district’s delivery Warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of greater Phoenix metropolitan geographical area and assigned courier route(s).
- Knowledge of practices of collecting, sorting, handling, metering and/or distributing mail, packages, and other deliveries.
- Knowledge of practices of care, maintenance, and operation of district vehicles.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in collecting, reading addresses and site codes, sorting, and distributing intra-district, external district, and U.S. mail.
- Skill in assessing and recommending changes to existing routes, procedures, and related areas.
- Skill in reading addresses, street maps and street signs to locate appropriate addresses.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, students, parents, the public, and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating mail-metering equipment.
High School Diploma or GED, AND
experience related to mail and/or package delivery, courier work or closely related responsibilities; OR
any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must possess at application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to stand, sit, walk, lift, and/or carry heavy, bulky documents, correspondence, and packages weighing up to 25 pounds for extended periods.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions, hazardous road situations, moving vehicles, traffic and equipment, and repetitive motion.