The Wallis Annenberg PetSpace™ is an independent charitable initiative of the Wallis Annenberg Legacy Foundation which strives to be a welcoming and nationally-recognized model education and animal care facility. Working closely with the General Manager, this position will be responsible for all areas relating to accounting and financial reporting.
The mission of PetSpace is to promote and strengthen the human-animal bond—as well as to foster the understanding and enjoyment of companion animals—in a fun, engaging and interactive setting. The PetSpace is a new state of the art animal care facility scheduled to open in early 2017, where people and pets connect. The campus, located in Playa Vista, includes state of the art animal care facilities with a vibrant, welcoming community center and will offer the following:
- Animal Adoptions – Pet adoptions in residence-like adoption suites.
- Learning Programs and Events – Classes, lectures and activities held in indoor and outdoor training areas for people and their pets, which is open to the community as well as educational institutions. Special needs outreach programs are planned for schools, veterans, seniors and the like.
- Wallis Annenberg PetSpace Leadership Institute – The leadership institute will bring together civic leaders and prominent experts to promote and foster a national dialogue on human-animal stewardship.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accountant will be responsible for using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to ensure accurate and timely financial transactions and statements. This position has tight deadlines and will assist the Accounting Manager in accounting activities including (but not limited to) to A/R, A/P, data entry, filing, budgeting, monthly general ledger transactions, and year-end audit.
- Ensure all accounting activities are aligned with Annenberg PetSpace’s financial policies and comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements as well as professional standards.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Perform general accounting functions such as, A/P, A/R, Reconciliations, Budgeting, Forecasting, audits and special projects.
- Possess poise, professionalism, diplomacy, teamwork and the ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
- A self-starter who can work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Intacct accounting software preferred.
- Participate in accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with ability to compose routine correspondence
- Contribute to a culture of respect for all individuals and animals
- Interacts with all GM, Management department leaders and when needed employees as well as vendors, temporary staff and contractors
- Local Travel may be required.
Job Type: Full-time