We are currently seeking a Bilingual Behavior Consultant to join our Behavior Health division in Philadelphia, PA.
- Licensed as a Behavior Specialist in PA
- Certification as a BCBA
- Graduate degree in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1 year full-time experience providing mental health direct services to children -- 21 years of age AND a graduate degree in psychology, social work, education, or counseling from an accredited college or university
- Completed a clinical or mental health direct service practicum AND have a graduate degree in psychology, social work, education, counseling or a related field from an accredited college or university
- If working with individuals with Autism: must be licensed in PA as a psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, clinical social worker, social worker, behavior specialist, or certified registered nurse practitioner AS WELL AS one of the above
- Must be fluent in Spanish
The Behavior Consultant in collaboration with other members of the treatment team, designs and directs the implementation of a behavior modification intervention plan which is individualized to each child or adolescent and to family needs. The Behavior Consultant identifies behavioral goals and intervention techniques and recommends non-aversive behavioral change methods.
The Behavior Consultant typically serves as consultant to, and as requested by the Mobile Therapist within the treatment team. While maintaining some direct contact with child and family, the BC primarily provides assessment; program design and monitoring rather then direct therapy. The BC is expected to participate in team meetings. When questions or conflict around behavioral paradigms arise in other systems, such as school, (e.g., a review of a behavior paradigm to help the child remain in school), the BC may participate as a consultant in a special child-centered, family focused meetings along with the therapist.
Develops and collects data operationally define targeted behaviors and develops observable and measurable goals.
2. Develops individualized behavior management treatment plans (and addendum's when necessary) and monitors the implementation of the plan.
3. Maintains progress notes for every contact and submits payroll within the most current pay period. Completes concurrent reviews as required.
4. Provides clinical consultation to the therapeutic support staff and ensures appropriate implementation of the treatment plan.
5. Meets with the child, family, local Case Manager, teachers and other treatment team members as required.
6. Oversees termination of services in collaboration with treatment team and provides a closing summary.
7. Provides on-site clinical supervision to Behavioral Technician as per regulations and as needed.
8. Must be fluent in Spanish
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-behavioral-health.html
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at sabina.tobak @merakey.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19119 (Required)
- mental health direct services to children: 1 year (Preferred)
- Behavior Specialist, psy D, LPC, LMF, LCSW, LSW, MFT, BCBA (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19