The Mailroom Clerk is responsible for supporting the mailroom and receiving dock within an assigned portfolio of buildings. The role is Client facing and the Mailroom clerk must be able to exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills. Various duties to include: Receive and sort incoming mail and packages to be distributed to various departments. Dispatches outgoing mail and packages and prepares bulk mail reports. Order office supplies and equipment and verify invoices. Reports to the Mailroom Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorts mail according to destination and type such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
- Fold and/or post outgoing mail and seals envelopes by hand or machine and performs quality checks.
- Prepares packages and creates shipment labels.
- Collects, receives and distributes mail and packages using an automated system to track and manage activity.
- Picks up mail from post office and delivers it on a timely basis.
- Track, trace, and resolve mail problems with USPS and express carriers.
- Organizes and maintains a clean mailroom.
- Orders and maintains office and cleaning supply inventory.
- Dispatches work orders to vendors when required.
- Works collaboratively within the facility management team
- Anticipates and responds to Client’s needs and concerns
- Identifies potential risks and escalate, to ensure no incident or disruption to the Client’s operations
- additional job duties, as requested
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and write comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Speaks clearly & articulately.
Microsoft Office and Other Simple Computer Programs
Ability to use Word, Outlook and Excel to prepare documents and communicate with others. Able to use calendar / scheduling feature in Outlook and able to use a phone.
Able to greet and assist employees, clients, vendors and guests in a courteous and responsive way.
Able to work in team environment with strong interpersonal skills.
Able to identify and solve problems and react accordingly to a variety of work situations.
Makes sound decisions under time pressures.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Lift up 50 pounds.
The job must be performed at the X location with travel to the post office.
8:00-5:00 Monday – Friday
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.