The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UW Continuum College (UWC²) expands the reach of the University of Washington with programs like UW Professional & Continuing Education, International & English Language Programs, Summer Youth and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the UW that meet the needs of various learners at all phases of their lives. We’re focused on removing obstacles to relevant educational opportunities by addressing geographic, financial, length of commitment, and time constraints, increasing access to knowledge for more people. By looking ahead and experimenting with new approaches, we’re creating new educational opportunities to help people thrive in a world of change.
UWC² has an outstanding opportunity for an Admissions Specialist within their International & English Language Programs (IELP) department.
The Admissions Specialist serves as a central point of contact for the review, processing and tracking of IELP applications, including creating initial I-20’s, managing communication with prospective students (and/or their families and agents) regarding their application status, and processing transfer-in and non- F1 applications.
The Admissions Specialist will be responsible for a portfolio of programs within IELP. Admissions-related responsibilities include:
- Advise prospective and admitted students on admissions-related policies and procedures.
- Review and process applications.
- Issue initial and transfer-pending I-20s, in accordance with F-1 and SEVP regulations.
- Accurately enter data in SEVIS and EOS (the UWC² student database.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide accurate and efficient customer service.
- Read, respond to, and maintain several email accounts.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of information/records.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) and be responsible for knowing and supporting F-1 and SEVP regulations pertaining to the creation and management of I-20s.
- Issue I-20s.
- Sign I-20s for travel.
- Assist the Principal DSO with maintaining students’ SEVIS records as assigned.
Administrative Support for IELP Office
- Be knowledgeable about IELP policies and procedures and support changes made by IELP management and administrative staff.
- Attend administrative appointments and meetings.
- Communicate with other UW departments, as needed.
- Help with orientation and registration.
- Cover front desk as needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Two years experience as a Credentials Evaluator II; OR two years of college and two years of experience in admissions, student advising or closely related area; OR an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, internet technologies and database systems at the intermediate level.
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency (per federal regulations for Designated School Officials.)
Equivalent education/experience can substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.