This is a work from home, independent contractor position with very flexible scheduling and the ability to complete work on your own time. Some availability for patient appointments is necessary during the hours of 9am-6pm central time.
The Medication Therapy Management Clinical Pharmacist provides clinical services including comprehensive medication reviews for clients and provides recommendations for modifications of drug therapy. These interventions are accomplished within our agreements with payers and business partners, as well as those clients who already receive care from Recover Health. This may also include future Recover Health clients or patients outside of Recover Health’s network of patients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluates medication profiles to determine if changes are warranted to optimize the clients drug therapy and minimize the potential for adverse drug reactions
- Recommends optimal medications, alternative dosing, or other modifications (including discontinuation of medications) as appropriate
- Reviews therapy plans with physicians as needed
- Perform interactive, person-to-person, interviews with patients either via telephone or video conference
- Strive to enhance pharmaceutical care interventions and improve outcomes
- Communicate with Recover Health nurses to avoid communication gaps in client care and provide monitoring and follow up information
- Maintains flexible availability to accommodate the needs of the clients and the business
- Communicates in a clear and professional manner
- Documents MTM services according to established policy and format
- Provides feedback to pharmacy interns regarding drug therapy recommendations
- Perform MTM services, including documentation and follow-up, within established time frames
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed to prepare services for billing.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent listening skills and demonstration of empathy with patients in tone, language, questions and counseling
This position works remotely, via telephone and secure remote workstation.
This position is a contract, work from home position with flexible scheduling.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and you will be required to stand, walk, reach, bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally must sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduated from a U.S. school of pharmacy after May 1996 with a PharmD, or if graduated prior to 1996, have completed an APhA or ACPE accredited MTM program.
- Valid and unrestricted Minnesota pharmacy license
- Ability to obtain NPI and other required credentials
- Have no restrictions on ability to participate in private, federal or state insurance programs including Medicare and Medicaid
- Must have own internet connection and computer capable of connecting to Recover Health's network