Data Operations Strategist
Are you passionate about helping organizations understand and reach their goals? Do you live for that “ah-ha!” moment when your client realizes you just showed them how to transform their organization? Many organizations know where they want to go, but getting there can be a challenge. We’re looking for you: a strategy consultant who can identify an organization’s long-term goals and show it how to achieve them.
This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on large military data-driven organizations. As a strategy consultant on our team, you’ll engage with clients at the senior leadership level to help them understand their organization and crystallize their goals. You’ll need to ask the right questions to draw out your client’s objectives and vision. Your client will look to you to show them their organization from the outside. From unrealized potential to systemic challenges, you’ll provide your client with a holistic view of their organization, as well as the multiple paths they can take to modernize. As the strategy expert, you’ll anticipate your client’s needs as you create their way forward. Throughout the strategy life cycle, you’ll identify opportunities to expand services to new and existing clients. Join us and lead change for the better in large military data-driven organizations.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
Consulting at Booz Allen means empowering you to provide your customers with the best support. With a consulting career at Booz Allen, you can expect:
a large business consulting community
access to experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
We have opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, so you can find the right fit for your career — and your life. You’ll also have access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success. With contracts across the globe in multiple industries, no matter where you want to go with your consulting career, we have the path the takes you there.
Nice If You Have:
- 6+ years of experience as a business strategy, strategic planning, organizational design, or data management and data governance expert for US government or commercial organizations, including serving in project and team leadership roles, as a management consultant or corporate strategy professional
- 6+ years of experience with conducting organizational analysis and developing strategic plans, including resource allocation budgetary documentation, operating models, communication plans, and out-year goal development
- 4+ years of experience in data governance and data management practices with an emphasis on federal and industry standard models, including DAMA DMBOK, TOGAF, DoDAF, or FEA DRM
- 4+ years of experience with creating practical approaches and communication strategies for organizational change management
- 4+ years of experience with conducting both organizational and technology assessments or similar analyses to implement new large data initiatives
- Active Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree in Engineering, Data Analytics, or CS
- Experience with presenting to senior executives and communicating complex issues to a broad audience for gaining approvals or buy-in
- Experience with presenting at industry conferences and authoring whitepapers and peer-reviewed articles
- Experience with Chief Data Officer organizations or equivalent similar entities that support enterprise data operations, including data architecture, data modeling, operational research analysis, predicative analytics, and data governance
- Experience with analytical technologies used in enterprise reporting, including Tableau, Qlik, Looker, OBIEE, or equivalent
- Experience with data stewardship operating models, foundational data governance constructs, and master data management, including ETL tools, Oracle, Informatica, and SAP MDM
- Experience with leading teams of 5-10 staff members, including providing both technical task and administrative leadership
- Experience with the all or any of the following interfaces a plus: Single Integrated Space Picture (SISP), Joint Air Defense Systems Integrator/Joint Range Extension Application Protocol (JADSI/JRE), Information Store (iStore), Traffic Flow Management Data Service (TFMDG) (FAA), Force Tracking Advance Management System (FTAMS), or Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS)
- Knowledge of basic concepts in CS and data science, including machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.