The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At Lockheed Martin Space, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. Space values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer performing Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) on the ORION manned space flight program at the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LA. You will work with the experienced Quality Engineering and NDT team to develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished material products. You will collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place
Your responsibilities will include:
- Read/interpret technical procedures and work instructions, as well as hands on evaluations for acceptance/rejection of products and engineering support for Space Systems.
- Investigate instances of nonconforming material and facilitate the determination of root cause, corrective/preventative actions, recommendation of disposition for Material Review Board action.
- Review and/or approve records for adequacy and compliance to procedures and quality standards.
- Support program-required inspections during off-shifts and holidays (as required) with short notice to ensure program hardware is available to support program needs and schedules.
- During the first 6 months, travel to other Space facilities will be required (up to 50%) to facilitate training and certification for this position. Occasional travel thereafter to support customer and program requirements. The individual must be able to work independently, but also with remote teams of NDT personnel.
Benefits of Employment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Previous experience in at least 2 of the following methods: Ultrasonic (UT), Infrared Thermography (IRT), Digital Radiography (DR), and Computed Tomography (CT)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and database utilization
- Willing to travel domestically to conduct NDT business
- Intimate knowledge of NDT equipment and technical background in NDT methods and procedures
- Individual must be capable of obtaining Level 2 certifications per NAS410 in the Ultrasonic (UT), Infrared Thermography (IRT), Digital Radiography (DR), and Computed Tomography (CT).
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering, math, physics, chemistry, etc.) or a combination of non-technical degree with 5-10 years of aerospace NDT experience
- Current or previous NAS410 (or equivalent) level 2 certification in the following methods: Ultrasonic (UT), Infrared Thermography (IRT), Digital Radiography (DR), and Computed Tomography (CT)
- Experience working with external and internal customers, to include Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Failure analysis of aerospace hardware
- Experience with SAP, EPDM, and VE_CAMS operating systems
- Volume Graphics experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.