For basic qualifications, we require that:
- You have a completed bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. You are obsessed with customer experience and understand the importance of a 24/7 operations. You are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself on leading other leaders; you have direct experience managing front-line supervisors and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying and implementing large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques).
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
An Operations Manager has complete responsibility for the entire shift operation including inbound, outbound, sortation, problem solve and indirect function within the sort center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift. This includes meeting and exceeding operational goals through the development and implementation of best practices and processes across the operation.
- Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in the operation on a single shift within the sort center.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
- Translates and specifies goals from leaders into concrete actionable steps; sets clear direction for team.
- Demonstrates recruiting mindset continuously seeks to attract and hire, develop and promote team members. In addition, serves a mentor to team members across the , training and develop teammates for career progression and learning.
- Effectively identifies individual development needs and provides opportunities to stretch and grow capability; delegates work appropriately.
- Builds a cohesive team that optimizes workflow and process
- Drives efficient and effective team engagement by consistently maintaining focus on team goals and expectations, efficiently driving meetings, and being respectful of people’s time.
- Quickly reacts to issues relative to team dynamics, resolves conflicts on the team appropriately Shares direction from senior leadership for the team, identifies critical priorities and short and long term goals for the team.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network. Takes tasks/projects outside of the building that have regional/network influence.
- Capitalizes on organization design opportunities as staffing shifts
An Operations Manager has proven their ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
You have a bachelor’s or MBA degree in Engineering, Operations or related field.
- You have 5 or more years of management experience in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment. You also have experience motivating and leading a contingent workforce.
- You are leader and exhibit that in your everyday work. You not only have experience in managing 5 or more front-line supervisors, you also lead large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates and meet it.
- You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
- You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.