We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
$14.00/hour (plus an additional $4.50 for each manager hour worked) plus a pay increase within the first year of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
ALDI ACTS Competencies:
- Alternates between Shift Manager and Store Associate duties on a rotating basis as established by store management.
- Supervises daily job responsibilities of store personnel in the absence of management.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
- Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain ALDI’s competitive position.
- Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
- Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
- Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
- Ensures store personnel comply with the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines and demonstrate appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers.
- Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in management’s absence.
- Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
- Takes store inventory counts according to guidelines and ensures that proper stock levels are maintained through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance as directed by their direct leader.
- Ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times.
- Ensures the quality and freshness of products and merchandises product neatly to maximize sales.
- Ensures store personnel comply with all established company policies and procedures.
- Assists store management with achieving the store payroll and total loss budget.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
- Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
Education and Experience:
- Acts as a Store Owner: Makes decisions and takes actions based on a clear understanding of the priorities and tasks needed to run an efficient and successful store that serves customers and contributes to the growth of the district, division and overall ALDI organization.
- Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
- Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures, and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs to create value, constantly focuses on customers and puts in effort to satisfy them. Focuses team’s efforts to maintain focus on customers when running a shift.
- Leads & Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the store by providing direction, motivation, clarity, resources and support to excel in the current environment and in times of change.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment including electric and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to store standards.
- Ability to recommend, interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic administrative duties such as filing and filling out forms.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to supervise store personnel in management’s absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments.
- Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs and overtime expenses.
- Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
- Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds on shelving at various heights.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.