DATA SCIENTIST – Defense & Intelligence
Work Location is Langley, VA or Chantilly, VA
Home Base office is Arlington, VA
Elder Research Inc. is a recognized leader in predictive analytics and machine learning. We pride ourselves in our ability to find creative, cutting edge solutions to real-world problems. We are looking for innovative and inquisitive self-starters who enjoy translating complex models into actionable solutions that deliver real value for our clients. We have multiple openings in the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan area for cleared analytics and data science professionals at varying skill levels to support our Defense & Intelligence business.
As a Data Scientist in the Defense & Intelligence Business Unit, you will join a functional team of accomplished Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Software Engineers that deliver data science solutions to address the toughest national security challenges. You will work closely with Data Scientists, Instructional Designers, Business Consultants, Software Engineers, and the system users who are creating and deploying applications that help the customer make actionable, data-driven decisions.
- 5+ years of experience in data science.
- TC/SCI with polygraph
- Ability to travel to and work on client site as needed.
- Knowledge of individual, organizational, technological or transnational issues of national security concern
- Prior experience with the Intelligence Community and methodological experience in some of the following areas: relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable to discovery of structure, roles; key relationships and targets), situational awareness (unifying data into a single context. Allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood), systems modeling (building a computational analog of a real-world system – political, military, economic, social or technical – to understand how it operates, what it is capable of and how it may react to shocks) and business analytics (supporting data-driven decisions about how we can improve the business of intelligence).
- Knowledge of appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in two of more Of the following areas:
o Applied mathematics (e.g. Probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
o Computer programming(e.g. scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
o Visualization (e.g. dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis)
- Knowledge of Python and some of the following software tools: SQL, R Hadoop, Spark, Java, C/C++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix Commands,
About Elder Research, Inc.
Elder Research is a fast growing consulting firm specializing in predictive analytics and machine learning. Elder Research has been in the data science business for over 20 years providing analytic solutions to hundreds of companies and organizations across numerous industries. At Elder Research, you’ll be part of a fun, friendly community. In keeping with our entrepreneurial spirit, we want candidates that are self-motivated with an innate curiosity and strong team work ethic. We work hard to provide the best value to our clients and allow each person to contribute their ideas and put their skills to use immediately.
Achieving success on defense, intelligence and security projects requires a data science team with broad experience, critical thinking, a proven ability to solve complex problems, and the ability to effectively communicate results. Our scientists conduct analysis in a collaborative environment that frequently brings together the expertise of decision-makers, analysts, agents, investigators, and even behavioral scientists. Our team relies on well-trained technical personnel who have experience with tools, algorithms, best practices, and custom software development to navigate the frontier of unsolved problems we typically encounter. Our team enjoys great variety in the type of work they do and exposure to a wide range of analytic techniques and tools.
Elder Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.