The Office Manager is responsible organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Office Manager reports to the CEO and is responsible for providing office management services to the company while managing a small but busy office in terms of bookkeeping, general administration, customer service and assisting the CEO on a project by project basis. The position is a key point of contact within the office for clients, suppliers and staff. The Office Manager will be involved in a range of projects as coordinator working in partnership with the CEO. This includes daily interaction with the CEO as a liaison between production, customers, support services and vendors.
- Maintaining office services and efficiency, supervising office staff and maintaining office records.
- Maintaining office services and efficiency as it relates to customer service; order entry, returns, delivery schedules, invoicing, shipping and customer service follow up.
- Maintain monthly sales and purchases accounts, data entry of all transactions and timely reporting.
- Operate payroll and associated allocation of time sheets.
- Manage Employee benefits allocations and renewals.
- Manage insurance and liability insurance and record keeping.
- Update and maintain the Employee Handbook
- Assist with timely and accurate Corporation tax return preparation. (working in conjunction with company accountants)
- Providing timely and accurate month end and quarterly management account reports.
- Banking and bank reconciliation.
- Monitor and maintain Accounts Payable.
- Monitor and maintain Accounts Receivable.
- Maintaining and develop the business CRM database
- Administration and upkeep of email, domain and other online accounts.
- Manage office stationary, office consumables.
- Maintaining the company ISO quarterly and ISO management meetings and reports.
- Assist with ISO related compliance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting and or Finance/business related studies.
- -5+ years demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing office environment.
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise and or SAGE ERP systems is required.
- Previous ISO management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles as well as the ability to review and comprehend financial reports.
- Good PC skills required; Outlook, Excel, Word and CRM
- Experience with domestic and international shipping methods.
- Experience with Operational Excellence programs and Continuous Improvement in leadership and contributing roles.
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills; including the ability to interface with internal & external customer contacts.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Must possess a high level of initiative and independent decision-making ability.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Finance and Administration Officer. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- be respectful
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- be flexible
- demonstrate sound work ethics
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- office management: 5 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)