- Microsoft SQL Server
The Application Developer is responsible for designing, programming, administering, and supporting the custom applications created by First in Service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, prioritize, and complete requests.
- Make changes to Microsoft SQL Server, Interbase, and MySQL tables.
- Create SQL queries to retrieve and manipulate data in MS SQL Server, Interbase, and MySQL tables.
- Create and modify ASP.Net and PHP web applications.
- Create and modify C# applications.
- Create and modify reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Provide group and individual training to external and internal customers on system used by F1S.
- Provide weekly updates on projects and initiatives.
- Provide monthly updates on system performance and vendor upgrades.
- Meet with decision makers, system owners, and end users to defined system requirements and the desired functionality of each system.
- Review and improve reporting systems to alignment with current business needs, operating costs, and performance levels.
- Develop metrics and methods to collect those metrics to measure efficiency of reporting systems.
- Create and maintain technical and training documentation for reporting systems.
- Provides support for new business opportunities.
- Manage system issues and outages.
- 4+ years of experience programing in SQL. Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and/or Interbase experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience developing web applications using ASP.Net or PHP. Experience with both ASP.Net and PHP preferred.
- 4+ years of experience developing application using C#.
- 2+ years of experience designing and building reports. Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working with XML.
- Experience with back office / accounting systems
- Experience with Information Security principles and best practices.
- Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience with Change Management principles and best practices.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent planning, project management, documentation and presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Customer Focus – Develops and maintains customer relationships. Keeps customer satisfaction in high regard.
- Business Acumen – Understands how the business works. Directly contributes to the achievement of business goals and objectives and makes good business decisions.
- Quality of Work – Work is completed on-time and with minimal defects.
- Job Knowledge – Understands duties and has required skills to complete tasks.
- Dependability & Accountability – Can be trusted to complete duties and responsibilities on-time with the appropriate amount of effort. Works without supervision. Has attention to detail. Is accountable for the work that is produced.
- Self-Development – Continuously works on improving core competencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year