Soteria is seeking a Country Liaison Officer located in Islamabad, Pakistan to assist with the mission-critical and high visible effort to relocate thousands of authorized persons from Afghanistan. Applicants must be a positive, flexible, self-starting requiring minimal direct supervision, and able to excel in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional technical, communication and interpersonal skills are a necessity, including the ability to effectively communicate verbally and through writing. This position functions as part of a team with a profound dedication to the mission we support.
· Collaborate with the U.S. Department of State (DOS), Office of the Coordinator for Afghan Relocation Efforts (CARE) and U.S. Embassy stakeholders to develop and adapt business processes, develop briefing products and further optimize communications between DOS and Soteria.
· Provide management and administrative functions necessary for the safe, efficient, and effective relocation of authorized travelers through the Enduring Welcome Program.
· Work with other members of the Soteria team and the USG to establish and implement quality control procedures by proactively identifying risks, issues, and problems, and then recommend plans for mitigation.
· Act as the primary point of contact for the Soteria Team in-country.
· Maintain a customer-focused approach to their work, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction while operating within the terms and conditions of the contract between the USG and Soteria.
· Apply qualitative and quantitative methods to develop metrics to prepare for required reporting associated with the overall program.
· Advise on logistical readiness posture to inform a common operating picture and maintain operational readiness.
· Refer issues and problems that require higher-level intervention to Soteria HQ.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
· Demonstrable understanding of complex logistics operations in austere environments
· Demonstrable understanding of how various entities within the USG operate with one another, especially at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate under the Chief of Mission (COM).
· Experience working in support of the USG overseas, either as an employee or third-party contractor
· Detail-oriented with excellent technical, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Possess a deep understanding of the Government’s authorities and processes to provide substantive contributions to planning efforts and meaningful insights to inform reporting requirements
Citizenship and Security Clearance: Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Pay: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Arlington, VA 22209: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person