Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibility or by calling 877-891-2510 . This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation (“Truist”). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing.
Responsible for visionary and strategic leadership in order to integrate, expand, and realize the full potential of the Truist Mortgage Consumer Direct Sales channel. Supporting the Truist vision of a best in class Mortgage Originations platform in Consumer Direct the core components shall include best in class client experience, leveraging and capitalizing on internal and external partnership opportunities, and utilizing and adapting to better processes and technology, while positively impacting teammates and associates and our communities.
Responsible for all facets of Consumer Direct Sales channel to include: Leading multiple Consumer Direct call centers. Direct Qualified Mortgage (QM) compliant mortgage production and non-QM consumer loan production, lead integration and expansion of digital channel capabilities. Develop and administer policy and procedures, monitor workflow fluctuations and determine appropriate staffing levels. Develop hiring strategy and sales training to provide superior client service quality, engage in client deepening of non-lending products and focus intently on realizing full financial performance opportunity. Responsible for overall channel strategy, staffing, incentive recommendations, KPI’s, reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and compliance execution. Partner with key stake-holders to develop and enhance referral systems and leverage client deepening strategies (IRM - Integrated Relationship Management) and processes with multiple referral sources within the Community Bank and online channels. Leverage internal and external marketing expertise to develop and execute on internal and external sales leads. Define best practices to mitigate channel conflicts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop and execute specific production marketing and sales strategy for Consumer Direct sales teams.
2. Provide direct involvement in the development of Consumer Direct marketing and lead generation programs, including advertising through various traditional media, collateral pieces via direct-mail, and online presence with support of the Marketing Department.
3. Serve as liaison between Consumer Direct team, Mortgage Originations Senior Leadership, Mortgage LOB, Community Bank, and other lines of business (LOBs) to develop and execute strategies, which result in loan referrals and client deepening opportunities.
4. Provide direction and data for production and profitability plan setting and staffing direct sales team and direct sales leaders to include phone metrics (e.g. wait times, on-phone percentages, average call time) and lending metrics (e.g. cycle time, client service quality standards, client deepening goals).
5. Provide direction to Truist University for training needs and Information Technology (IT) for technology needs.
6. Partner with technology SME’s to integrate Digital Channel with Consumer Direct channel to support online strategy. Ensure appropriate and timely systems training for staff.
7. Be a leader in the Mortgage and Consumer Direct lending industry to include market and industry research on current trends, technology, strategies and tactics. Leverage information by making recommendations that support Truist’s strategy.
8. Responsible for management of Consumer Direct team with regard to proper selection, training, coaching, counseling, goal setting, performance evaluations, salary administration, promotions, transfers, terminations and career enhancement all within the context of Truist’s vision, mission and values and in support of the Bank’s sales and credit culture. Adhere to prevailing EEOC guidelines.
9. Continuously improve client service quality through superior management of Consumer Direct processes and relationship building with clients and other Bank associates. Emphasize the importance of staff providing excellent client experience through alternative channels, such as telephone and online.
10. Ensure adherence to Truist’s lending policies and procedures, including government regulations, secondary market requirements, acceptable compliance and quality control audit performance.
11. In conjunction with Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) coordinators and Consumer Direct staff, support affordable housing efforts to effectively serve low-to-moderate markets.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent education and related training
Fifteen years of management experience in lending field to include residential mortgage Consumer Direct call center experience
Excellent communication skills
Excellent leadership skills
Ability to manage multiple major initiatives simultaneously across multiple sites
Strong organizational, planning and budgeting skills
Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Master’s degree with business-related focus
School of Mortgage Banking or relevant Leadership Development Program (LDP) graduate
Active in related industry organizations (e.g. Mortgage Bankers Association, Homebuilders Association)
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify