The Program Buyer is responsible for the development, sourcing, procurement, and maintenance of merchandise and/or corporate fulfillment products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Procures classifications of merchandise, corporate fulfillment and/or custom products by working with Program Director or partners to develop and source product, to negotiate with vendors regarding cost of goods sold, terms, freight, etc., and to do all necessary paper or computer work to complete the job.
- Manages stock and inventory levels by re-ordering, maintaining or discontinuing products and communicating that information to others.
- Manage Program Coordinator; assigning daily tasks, yearly goals and handling employee time card/benefits.
- Must be able to travel to team’s events.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College and five yearsrelated retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Strong computer skills are a must. Use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and comfortable use of Internet is necessary.
- Must have excellent data entry skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand and follow work processes.
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts
- The ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Must have strong negotiating skills and understand how important managing and increasing margins are to the bottom line.
Proficient knowledge of MainGate’s systems, policies & procedures.
No supervisory responsibilities
Supervises a Program Coordinator by assigning and directing work. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Position requires spending long hours sitting using computers, entering data which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
Must frequently lift and/or move merchandise bins & set up merchandise locations.
Must assist in physical inventories.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Personal protective equipment not required.
Position is located in a busy office area and is faced with constant interruptions.
Frequently works in a distribution center environment which is not climate controlled and will be exposed to dust, odors, and noise.
Occasionally works at event locations that are outdoors with exposure to the climate, dust, odors, and noise.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
Job Description may be changed at any time by Executive Management.
I have read and understand this explanation and job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.