Fēst is a global collective with a mission to transform home cooking through virtual experiences and content that inspire people to enhance their cooking skills more. We are looking for an Chef Instructor to deliver best-in-class educational experiences through virtual 1-on-1 cooking classes and corporate group experiences.
The position will be part-time on an as-needed basis. The job is 100% remote and the schedule is flexible based on your availability.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Fēst seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity.
We're creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we're building a team that is too.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver professional, informative verbal instruction to customers throughout the 1-on-1 cooking classes and corporate group experiences.
- Build professional and supportive rapport with customers in each class or experience to improve their mission in the kitchen and interaction in class.
- Prepare for each class to ensure efficient use of class time and efficiently manage the time of each class or experience, so it is completed on time, respecting the customers schedule.
- Troubleshoot and share your cooking intuition with customers cooking at home.
Who you are:
- Friendly, upbeat, passionate about cooking, with a calm and positive attitude.
- Smart, organized, patient and efficient communicator.
- At least 10 years professional experience working as a chef.
- A culinary school graduate, not required but a plus.
- Interested in sharing your knowledge and passion with cooking curious people.
- Comfortable or capable of learning video platforms for virtual classes.
- Looking to supplement your current income.
- Excited to be part of the Fēst team.
You’ll love working at Fēst because:
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer flexible schedules, because we know you can’t plan everything in life that comes your way.
We offer competitive bonus packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
Fēst (www.festcooking.com) is an online, educational platform connecting home cooks to professional chefs, cooks, bartenders, sommeliers and expert home cooks to learn skills and recipes. Professional chefs share knowledge, verbal instruction, answer questions and provide feedback to home cooks through virtual one-on-one classes. This connection between a professional chef and a home cook has been previously limited to cookbooks, how-to tutorials and recipes, and meal subscription boxes.
Fēst launched at a moment in time where there is an abundant amount of cooking information available online and the demand for customized and on-demand services are becoming the norm. To date, there is little to no real-time connection between professional chefs and home cooks. We're excited to partner with expert chefs around the globe to share their knowledge, skill and passion to cooking curious people so they may cook with confidence at home.
Fēst is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Fēst is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at festcooking.com.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $28.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Culinary Experience: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote