This Financial Advisor position is located within a credit union branch. The Financial Advisor is responsible for providing financial planning, financial guidance, and investment management to serve the financial needs of the credit union membership. Financial advisor should be entrepreneurial and be able to forge their own footprints in establishing a successful practice from a loyal membership.
- Comes with an established book of business and leads are provided
- Competitive payout
- Great culture. Supported by LPL Financial and a local team of first responders.
- Compliance, training, marketing, business coaching and practice management, product vetting, and more are provided for the advisor.
- Schedule and meet with members to review their existing financial situation and to establish the client/planner relationship. Analyze the client’s investment portfolio, make asset allocation recommendations, review and develop a financial plan to meet established financial goals and objectives.
- Develop, recommend and implement an investment strategy suggesting specific investments and insurance products, for client approval, including separately managed investment accounts, mutual funds, annuities, equities, fixed income investments, corporate and tax-exempt bonds, alternative investments, life insurance, etc.
- Collaborate with credit union branch management and staff to create a team environment and to meet the needs of the membership.
- Leads will be provided, but the expectation is that the advisor would generate additional referrals from personal networking, seminars, and presentations to community groups and the membership.
- Keeps abreast of new planning tools, products, and resources, changing regulations and professional standards.
- Understanding and complying with all aspects of credit union and LPL Financial policies, practices, including laws and regulations governing the duties and responsibilities of an investment advisor representative.
- Maintaining all necessary licenses and registrations as required, including completing all mandatory training and industry-related continuing education in a timely manner.
- Exceed member expectations in terms of accuracy, efficiency, courtesy, and professionalism.
- FINRA Series 7, Series 66, or Series 63 & 65
- State Life, Health, VA license in Michigan
- Strong sales, marketing, and business development skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or related field of study
- 3+ years of financial services experience
- Institution expericence a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Series 66 (Required)
- Life and Health Insurance (Required)
- FINRA Series 7 License (Required)