Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The purpose of this position is to provide support and analysis for ensuring credit terms compliance, and preparing entry and post- entry documents.
- Responsible for ensuring credit terms compliance.
- Determining tariff headings, calculating duty.
- Prepare entry and post- entry documents.
- Determine initial classification based on information provided on commercial invoice
and through consultation with importer.
- Calculate amount of duty payable to Customs office.
- Assistin preparing entry documents.
- Audit documents.
- Maintain brokerage files.
- Monitor entry status for Official office Customs release.
- Prepare billing sheets
- Support in Administrative Task and Duties
- Special Projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- The incumbent will not directly and/or indirectly supervise employees
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Excel and financial system as Cognos, SAP etc. are desired
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Student or Bachelor degree in Administration or Customs specialist.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of standard and accepted administrative and accounting practices.
- Years of experience in the same position.
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT “KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER.” JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.