Come live and work at Crater Lake!
We are actively seeking candidates for our Summer 2018 Team who are looking to take a break from the daily grind and step into the peaceful environment of one of the world's oldest national parks.
Our operation features 2 separate areas within the Park - Rim Village and Mazama Village. We have 3 dining facilities, 3 retail outlets, a campground, cabins, and lodge. We also offer daily boat tours for our guests.
Southern Oregon offers diverse recreational opportunities for your days off - we have deserts, rainforests, mountains, marshes, and the Pacific Ocean is only a few hours away. Of course, the gem of the entire region is Crater Lake!
Ensures highest standards of housekeeping are met for guests, the Company, and National Park Service. Daily guest room and public area cleaning; making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, preventative maintenance, handling guest requests, etc. Maintains high level of attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties with ultimate goal of providing exemplary guest service.
- Assists with seasonal opening procedures at the beginning of the season.
- Participates in all required training.
- Assists with seasonal closing procedures for winterization of buildings and rooms.
- Follows Company guidelines for guest service; greets all guests with a smile.
- Maintains positive and professional communications with coworkers and managers at all times.
- Performs individually assigned duties with awareness of the entire housekeeping team.
- Participates in the morning housekeeping meeting with positivity and professionalism.
- Performs all duties with sense of urgency, without compromising attention to detail.
- Cleans rooms and bathrooms in an efficient and timely manner; this could include, but is not limited to:
- strips and remakes beds, roll-aways, and cribs; cleans and sanitizes shower and/or bathtub, shower curtain, and toilet; restocks tissue and other amenities; replenishes towels, bathmats, wash cloths, soap, and other amenities; sweeps and/or mops floor(s); vacuums carpets; dusts and polishes furniture and fixtures; cleans windows and window frames; cleans porches or halls, brushes curtains, drapes, blinds, furniture; empties and cleans wastebaskets; empties and cleans recycle bins and follows recycling procedures; cleans ice buckets, coffee/tea stations, replenishes supplies.
- Ensures predetermined number of rooms are complete for inspection at established times throughout the day.
- Follows up on any issues or missed tasks found during room inspection(s).
- Performs deep cleaning or other tasks as assigned which may include: washing walls, woodwork and windows; sorting, counting, and/or carrying linen supplies by hand or cart; scrubbing grout, etc.
- Cleans public areas, including restrooms and outdoor areas, as assigned.
- Checks entire room to ensure everything is in working order and in good repair, including: lamps, fans, lights, faucets, toilet(s), shower/bath, furniture, linens, flooring, switches, etc. Reports any issues or maintenance needs to Housekeeping Manager or Lead Guest Room Attendant in a timely manner.
- Reports completed rooms to Housekeeping Manager or Lead Guest Room Attendant for inspection in a timely manner.
- Addresses any guest requests as appropriate. Immediately communicates any guest complaints to management so that they can be resolved in a timely manner.
- Reports any evidence of illegal activity or violation of guest lodging policy directly to management in a timely manner.
- Maintains clean and tidy workspaces, including carts. Ensures cart is adequately stocked to ensure efficiency.
- Communicates any supply needs to management in a timely manner.
- Protects guest confidentiality at all times; adheres to Company Wi-Fi policy which prohibits use of guest internet.
- Follows procedures for entering and exiting occupied rooms; ensures guest safety at all times.
- Performs all duties with consideration of the Company’s environmental commitment, actively participating in the Company’s linen/terry reuse program. Considers natural resource consumption, especially as it pertains to water and electricity.
- Cooperates with Warehouse staff in keeping the Waste Management area clean.
- Cooperates with Warehouse staff and Shuttle Drivers in the movement and organization of linens and terry.
- Performs all duties in a safety conscious manner. Maintains a safe workplace. Reports all safety issues or potentially hazardous situations to the appropriate manager in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned with positivity and professionalism.
Qualifications, Experience, Physical Demands:
- Prior experience in seasonal hospitality, especially National Park(s), highly preferred.
- Prior experience in Housekeeping highly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to finite details required.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
- This is a very demanding job. Physically able to: repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds; repeatedly twist/bend/reach throughout shift; stand/walk steadily throughout shift; repeatedly kneel or lay flat on the floor as required to clean under beds; push/pull loaded linen carts, supply carts, and vacuums; work a full shift getting only those breaks as required by Oregon state law; perform all duties in inclement weather; use provided chemicals; work in dusty/dirty environment.