Systems Administrator/Information Assurance Security Support Services contractor shall provide systems security and engineering support on the network enterprise, major system elements, and/or interfacing systems. The contractor shall provide DIACAP / Risk Management Framework (RMF) and accreditation documentation management, updates, and configurations. The contractor shall support inspections as well as security monitoring. The contractor shall ensure operational system security compliance with DoD, TMA, and supporting Army regulations, as well as IAVM directives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for all DHA managed systems under the ISSO’s responsibility. Ensure network resources are in compliance of DoD IA and security policies and vulnerability alerts. These include, but are not limited to, all IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and any other technical advisories identified by the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM). Category 1, Category A and other urgent rated vulnerabilities shall be immediately fixed. Category 2 and 3 rated vulnerabilities shall be resolved during a routine maintenance window.
- Administer, record, and support the upkeep of all network resources and any implemented changes through the Vulnerability Management System (VMS). Ensure all discovered discrepancies or security vulnerabilities, such as missing patches or perceived gaps in network security, are immediately resolved through the necessary DHA offices and service functions. Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) shall be created and followed through for issues requiring additional time for testing, solutions development, team collaboration, and deployment.
- Perform IA scans of network enterprise devices using tools such as, but not limited to, SCAP, Nessus, and ACAS. Perform routine and random testing of servers and devices to ensure 100% security compliance; validate deployed security patches and solutions to ensure proper installation and function.
- Report any security violations and incidents up the chain of command. Reply and report to security and associated taskers.
- Ensure log files and audits are maintained and reviewed for all systems, and that authentication policies (i.e., password) are audited for compliance.
- Review and evaluate the effects of security system changes, including interfaces, with other Information Systems (IS) and document all changes.
- DIACAP / Risk Management Framework (RMF) and accreditation documentation management, updates, and configurations. Ensure that all IS within their area of responsibility are certified, and accredited
- Manage trouble ticket queues and perform trend and root-cause analysis to resolve systematic issues and groups of trouble tickets. Efforts shall be documented in the Remedy trouble ticket system.
- 4 years of experience in IT Networking
- DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level III certification (CISSP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP CE)
- DoD Directive 8570 Computing Environment Certification (MCSE or MCSA)
- Undergo a national Security Check prior to reporting to duty or be current in Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Lifting, bending, stretching and walking as needed. Heavy use of computers and related equipment, and telephones. Ability to lift at least 30 lbs infrequently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONXSI is a leading provider of information technology and professional services known for outstanding service delivery in a wide range of professional services engagements around the country. Team XSI continually meets and exceeds customer expectations. We are passionate about our work and making a difference. Our vision is to be the best professional services management company for both our customers and our employees. We need employees that share this vision.
Our remarkable employees are the key to our company's incredible success. XSI promotes a work environment of trust, integrity, respect, continual improvement, customer satisfaction and business success. We strive to provide competitive salary and benefits, an engaging and rewarding work environment, training and development opportunities.
If you want to be part of an outstanding team, we definitely want to hear from you!
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- IT Networking: 4 years (Preferred)
- San Antonio, TX (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement