Mr. Appliance is looking for Customer Service Representatives
Provided the first point of contact for former, current and prospective customers that call to inquire about or schedule service calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and determine the purpose of each call. Answer inquiries about service and complete Service Request Order Forms. Ensure all required information is obtained for each service request. Enter information on all non service calls in the message book.
- All documentation is critical to the effectiveness of the company, thus adhere to the highest caliber of attention to detail in all aspects of the business, especially as it relates to the recording of information.
- Handle customer issues and disputes implementing sound resolutions, contributing toward process improvement, representing the company in all matters of running the business as needed, as well as engaging in occasional marketing activities.
- Ensure the exact source of service calls received from Service Request Customers. Log all service request orders in a service log.
- Forward the complete Service Request Order form to dispatching department to schedule job. Computerized Service Request Orders will be input into the computer at time of order.
- Receive complaints that are telephoned in by customers. Complete a written record of the complaint into the customers work order and refer to the Office Manager.
- Receive information from customers and service technicians regarding delays in service calls. Complete a written record of the delay and provide to the dispatcher for rescheduling.
- Assist with accounts receivable following up with customers and effectively collecting funds that are due.
- Perform other duties as required. This may include performing duties that are not part of the normal job duties.
- Conduct yourself in a highly professional manner at all times. Follow all policies and procedures to maximize the effectiveness of the Company. Provide a caring and empathetic approach with all customers providing excellent customer service with the goal to win the opportunity to do business with them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**Benefits and Compensation—
- Benefits that will be offered are participation in Medical, Dental, and / or Vision Insurance.
- We are currently providing Life Insurance.
- Compensation will be based on experience. Typically $10 an hour to $15 an hour.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or GED required. (Some higher level education preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year professional work experience as a customer service representative (2 years minimum preferred)
Experience / Attributes
- Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with co-workers as wells as customers
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a great attitude, be proactive, and be a consummate professional
- Must be dependable, responsible, ambitious, flexible, positive, and a hard worker with a "can do" attitude