Buckeye Ready Mix, LLC
Job Title: Ready-Mix Concrete Driver
Our Mission: Our team strives to build lasting relationships with our customers by safely delivering quality products with superior service.
Buckeye Ready Mix, LLC has been supporting Central Ohio’s Concrete needs since 1999. As a leader in the concrete industry we value Safety, Integrity, Excellence, Gratitude and Community. These values contribute to the success of our business with our people.
Safety and Timely delivery of Ready-Mixed concrete to residential and commercial construction projects and road construction sites.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Physical Demands & Environment
- Complete Driver Pre-Trip and Post-Trip Inspections as well as ensure preventative measures are completed on truck (fuel, oil levels, wear and tear) and write up accordingly.
- Ensure delivery is being completed safely and timely in a professional and courteous manner.
- Adhere to company safety and employment policies
- Maintain communication with dispatch, field representatives and other company employees to ensure concrete is being delivered safely and timely.
- Safely Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly fashion
- Climbing, Lifting & Carrying: Position requires sufficient agility and strength to frequently climb steps. to inspect the load and to wash down the truck. To off-load concrete, the driver positions a primary chute which is permanently attached to the truck. The driver also attaches one or more extension chutes.
- Daily routine: After delivery of each load, the driver washes out the truck and chutes with a hose. The driver will deliver 3 to 8 loads of concrete during a normal workday. A typical workday during the busy season (March to November) is 10 to 14 hours, and up to 70 hours per week. The mixer truck is a heavy vehicle and provides a stiff, bouncing ride. Driver frequently operates radio, shifts gears, and manipulates other hand and foot controls.
- Strength: Generally, the mixer driver position is classified as “medium work” that involves lifting 0-50 pounds frequently.
- Environmental: Employees are regularly exposed to wet, humid conditions and extreme heat or cold.
Minimum Education & Experience
- One year experience with a CDL Class B License or better
- Maintain a safe driving record
- Must have valid DOT Medical Card
- Must be able to maintain corporate insurability standards
- Competitive Wages with rapid increases: Overtime
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision, AD&D, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Paid Bonuses: Safety & Yardage
In Person- 7657 Taylor Road Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
Fax Resume to Danette Ward at (614) 542-3688
Please contact Danette Ward (614) 729-2214 if you have any questions!
Buckeye Ready Mix, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- CDL Class B License: 1 year (Preferred)
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)