The Account Manager is responsible for the sale of Smith & Nephew Biologic wound care products within an assigned territory in the Biologics segment. The primary call points are in the acute care facilities as well as physician offices promoting key brands such as Santyl and other products within Advanced Wound Management.
- Generate territory plan of action in conjunction with District Manager
- Attain territory sales goals utilizing excellent sales skills, territory management skills and customers relationships
- Coordinate availability of products for hospital outpatient departments through customer champions and provided sales collaterals
- In-service appropriate personnel in hospitals, outpatient departments, nursing homes and closed door pharmacies to educate end users on the clinical benefits of Smith & Nephew products
- Deliver sales presentations to key customers and customers groups and conduct product lunches and dinners for identified customer groups
- Generate use of products by utilizing customer champions and educating customers with provided sales collaterals
- Achieve annual sales goals as established by the Company and District Manager
- Utilize proper sales skills including probing, supporting and closing
- Penetrate target accounts and devote adequate sales time to each product
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key customers, decision-makers and thought leaders. Demonstrate exceptional presentation skills, good administrative and organization skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of Business to Business (B2B), direct selling or medical sales experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present key concepts and recommendations to customers in formal and informal settings
- Strong analytical skills to include pipeline management, territory analysis and territory management. Demonstrated success with complex sales process
- Experience selling in an environment with multiple call points and decision makers within an account
- Professional training program experience (for example, Integrity Selling)
Domestic – Up to overnight 50%
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
Ingenuity and problem solving
Work ethic and perseverance
Ability and aptitude to learn
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirement for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard analyses applicable to specified job activities; including medical evaluations as required by job function. Completes all required HSE training.