This position would be part of the senior leadership team. The person should be a dynamic influencer and have solid knowledge of long-term care regulations.
The Chief Operating Officer provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people resources in place to effectively live up to the company mission and strategic direction. This role supports and enhances the mission across its diverse programs.
- Supports the mission and values of organization.
- Supervises and directs the Executive Directors.'
- Sets direction, clarifies expectations and gains commitment of Executive Directors to lead in line with mission, values, and strategies.
- Assesses the need for changes and initiates when appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Executive Directors to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and employees designed to meet the objectives of the organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team; provide mentoring on an on-going basis.
- Is a member of the executive staff, attending and participating in executive meetings, discussions and decisions.
- Contributes to the evaluation and development of overall operational strategy and performance in co-operation with the executive team.
- Provides strategic leadership and supervision for the operational functions of the organization, providing guidance and direction to achieve corporate needs and strategies.
- Attends Board meetings as requested by the President and CEO.
- Works in conjunction with the Community Executive Directors to develop and prepare budgets.
- Collaborates with all departments to create systems to resolve issues that impact departmental and/or organizational goals and/or participant/resident care delivery.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of all regulatory requirements as applicable to Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Independent Living.
- Promotes safe work practices and constructively works to improve conditions that may affect the health and safety of employees.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and governing agency requirements; formulates and directs the implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Provides reports as requested by the President and CEO.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures and present suggestions to the President and CEO for consideration.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- NJ LNHA
- Bs/BA in Healthcare administration required; MHA preferred
- 10 years progressive leadership within a long term care organization
Job Type: Full-time