Nope, we're not replacing someone but growing our team! As our next Senior Software Engineer, you'll be an advanced engineering resource contributing to complex business solutions while supporting the sales and business development teams. Established in 1977, basys is a leading provider of technology solutions and consulting services in the highly complex, regulated benefit administration software industry.
We operate primarily from our headquarters location just south of Baltimore City. We also offer a flexible work environment, which welcomes some telecommuting should that be of interest.
Sr. Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design entire applications or major application subsystems
- Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardization scaling and enhancements to our products and services utilized to deploy/install/release those products
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within the basys applications
- Collaborate in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment
- Maintain documentation and follow the SCRUM Methodology
- Develop programming effort estimation based on requirements and scope of project
- Reviews programming and code produced by lower level engineering staff
- Develops on-going general engineering process improvements, implementing changes following guidance from the Lead/Principal Software Engineer.
- Investigate, recommend and implement new technology or technical solutions
- Provide support and research for existing and new software
- Mentor junior Software Engineers
Sr. Software Engineer Requirements:
- Current authorization to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, IS or related field
- 6+ years’ professional Software Engineering experience
- Strong understanding of Agile Methodology required
Come, join our team of highly-skilled technologists and business analysts who work together to solve complex business problems and deliver tailored software applications to our customers. We invite you to apply and discover more about our extraordinary culture and benefits package, which includes four weeks PTO to start, holidays, tuition reimbursement, wellness reimbursement and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Sr. Software Developer, Sr. Software Programmer, Sr. C# Developer, Sr. .Net Developer, Computer Science, Information Systems, Microsoft Stack, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation,
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules