We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Assists management with recommendations on HR matters.
- Acts as a consultant to the business regarding job descriptions.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
- Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
- Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Participates in National and Specialist Committees as required, providing support to projects and technology rollouts as needed.
- Remains current on new federal, state, and local legislation and regulatory ruling impacting Human Resources; proposes and participates in corrective actions when necessary.
- Works with ADP Recruiting Management, onboarding, employee portal and other HR software to ensure software enhancements when needed.
- Maintains and supports changes in policies and procedures, including responsibility for the company’s employee handbooks.
- Manages onboarding processes.
- Assists with employee relations, unemployment and separation processes.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; assists with Form I-9 audits when applicable.
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources and retail operations.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
- Ability to recommend, interpret, and apply company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of human resources management and the ability to coordinate human resources relating to retention, motivation, reward, discipline, development, and separation.
- Ability to establish budgets considering all relevant variables and current financial plans.
- Ability to plan for and use funds to maximize the value of the financial resources of the organization.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Understands cost/benefit analysis.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Knowledge of financial analysis strategies and how to effectively apply them in decision-making.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
- Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
- Effective organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills; maximizes productivity.
- Gives attention to detail.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
HR ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
1100 E WARRENVILLE RD, NAPERVILLE, IL, USA, 60563