The animal care specialist is primarily responsible for the prevention and control of diseases transmitted from animal to man, as well as the comprehensive care for government-owned animals.
Job training for an animal care specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in animal care. Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a future as a veterinary aide or assistant at a veterinary hospital. With training and continued study, you may qualify for certification as an assistant laboratory animal technician.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
Some of our benefits include:
- College tuition paid 100 percent the entire time you are employed with us
- Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $65,000 Student Loan Repayment.
- Up to $86,536 to go to college AFTER your service which can be used by you or split among your immediate family members (If you choose to transfer this benefit to them)
- Free housing (or your rent paid directly) and utilities 100 percent covered for you and your family
- Free Medical and Dental for you and your family
- 30 days paid vacation
- Free Travel.
In order to meet the minimum qualifications, you must:
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Adam Boktor Sr.
Social Media Recruiting Team
As a student, graduate, parent or teacher, take a look at the different opportunities we can offer you or someone you know.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time