SOFT's client located in Newark, NJ is looking for a Electrical Engineer for a long term contract assignment.
- Perform electrical engineering and/or support Project Integration work and provide technical assistance through the application of engineering/business knowledge.
- Support the origination and approval effort of major substation capital projects (69 kV – 500 kV) in terms of safety, reliability, functional performance requirements.Responsibilities include the following:
- interface with other technical and project disciplines to develop optimal station layout and one-line control drawings during origination phase of projects;
- assist in the development of preliminary project schedule, risk matrix, construction sequence documents;
- act as primary Company interface with multiple Architect-Engineering firms assuring that the company's standards are maintained; coordinate as required with system planners, system protection engineers, designer, asset experts, project managers, vendors, construction & operating personnel, consultants and contractors as the project moves through the external project approval process;
- Review and approve Architect/Engineer vendor packages to ensure all engineering standards, construction standards and safety codes are met and optimal station layout is developed.
- Review and approve preliminary project scope document, schedule, one line drawings, layouts, construction sequence document, touch points, risk matrix control and layout design drawing packages.
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline or comparable technical experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of utility or construction industry experience
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering aspects of projects and engaging and working with stakeholders to make key project-related engineering decisions
- Working knowledge of utility best practices and industry standards such as IEEE and NESC
- Experience developing designs in Microstation or equivalent software
- Applicant must have effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing
- skills, must be adaptable and be results-oriented.
- Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Professional Engineering License
- Advanced knowledge and experience with utility regulations, standards codes and engineering principals
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Display aptitude in 2D and 3D CAD modeling software for large infrastructure projects.
- Familiar with drawing references and proficient to set up drawings with external references, including raster images, drawings in dxf, dgn, and dwg formats.
Job Type: Contract