Our Lady of the Valley is a nonprofit, nondenominational senior care community sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, located in Roanoke, VA. It is our mission to enhance the quality of life for each resident through personalized attention and exceptional senior services.We recognize the very important role that dietary staff play in our residents lives.We appreciate the job you do and invite you to consider sharing your talents.Our Lady of the Valley currently has an exciting career opportunity for a talented and detail oriented individual to serve as their Cook Supervisor.
Requirements of a Cook Supervisor:
- 2-3 years of experience in food services
- Must obtain and maintain ServSafe certification
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of applicable sanitation
- Must have professional supervisory and cook experience
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and to bend, crawl, stoop, push and lift in order to reach and clean, prepare and deliver food as necessary
- Works varied schedule to cover all shifts including weekends and holidays as needed
- Serves efficiently, timely and cheerfully
Responsibilities of a Cook Supervisor:
- The Cook Supervisor receives general supervision and direction from the Food Service Director and will comply with established policies and operational procedures.
- The Cook Supervisor supervises Cooks and Dietary Aides.
- Prepares meals based on the day’s menu and production sheets and any anticipated house count changes. Monitors all food production for accuracy and compliance with all state and Company policies and procedures. Uses standardized recipes and procedures. Ensures all temperature checks are conducted and properly.
- Assists Food Service Director to produce seasonally appropriate recipes and 6 week menu cycles, taking into consideration resident preferences.
- Assists Food Service Director to order food based on budget, menu, inventory and house count as assigned.
- Assists Food Service Director to maintain an inventory of all kitchen equipment and small wares and keeps in working order.
- Practices safety procedures and complies with established reporting of accidents and injuries.
Rewards of being an Our Lady of the Valley employee:
- Our Lady of the Valley offers an excellent work environment and for FT employees we offer health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Also included in benefits package is free Life Insurance/ADD/LTD, years of service bonus equal to 5% of gross income, annual wage increases, paid holidays, sick and vacation.
- Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Our Lady of the Valley is an EOE and drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- food services: 3 years (Preferred)
- Supervisor: 1 year (Required)