Tesla is seeking a highly motivated software developer for a position in the R&D Test Systems Engineering (Core Technology), a team focused on creating robust, beautiful, data-centric automated machines.
The successful candidate will primarily help leading development of a fully automated test platform in dynamometer lab and improve test automation throughout the company.
- Develop and maintain LabVIEW & Python tools for data acquisition, communications, test execution, and automated post-processing.
- Build web tools and dashboards to do test queue and asset management for a fleet of high-power test stations.
- Architect, write, and debug LabVIEW with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- Drive strategy for integrating data acquisition platforms; managing multiplexed hardware stations; and generalizing test definitions across varying hardware.
- Coordinate with board-level test, software-level test, manufacturing, and development teams to integrate CI pipeline, web tools and Python packages.
- Run tests on actual hardware when necessary and troubleshoot test failures across software, firmware, and system hardware.
- BS in computer science or related.
- 3-5 years professional development experience in LabVIEW/Python; demonstrated OOP design ability.
- CLD/CLA Certified.
- Expert level in Python; experience with Python performance optimization and C extensions.
- The ability to leverage multiple software design languages including LabVIEW, VeriStand, C/C++.
- Experience with CAN/LIN/UDS protocols, CAN DBC files.
- In-depth understanding of software architecture and best practices.
- Experience using / building / administering CI systems, especially Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Proficiency with network communications and network analysis (e.g. Wireshark).
- Understanding of electrical engineering principles; ability to read & understand schematics, use lab instruments (e.g. oscilloscopes), and build basic electrical systems.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program