CDG, a Boeing Company is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. CDG serves a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries. The company leverages a strong history of more than 45 years of experience to help its customers maximize efficiency by providing industry-leading engineering services, technical documentation, training solutions and software solutions.
Come join our team of Professionals! We are currently seeking a dynamic, strategic, and innovative Financial Accountant, with Financial Analyst experience, that can exercise independent judgement and leadership. You must have a proficiency level in applying financial and cost accounting principles/theories and concepts. This position will be based in our corporate offices in Long Beach, CA.
Responsibilities will include reconciling and analyzing accounts, supporting monthly and annual financial closings, preparing financial statements, preparing and analyzing monthly Product line P&L and financial data, and assisting with budgeting and forecasting processes.
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting/Finance or Business Admin. Professional certification or advanced degree preferred.
5+ years of general and cost accounting experience along with a strong analytical background.
A minimum of 2+ years of financial analysis experience preferred.
The Financial Accountant will work in a global finance organization interacting with all levels of leadership to drive business results. This role maintains company books of accounts by preparing, collecting, and analyzing accounting data to communicate financial information to company organizations and external customers. The Financial Accountant will analyze financial and operating reports and data. They must understand how the results of the financial data relate to CDG’s operations, and provide financial guidance and recommendations to management, customers, and employees. They must ensure compliance with government laws and regulations, policies, and professional standards. The Financial Accountant will be tasked with developing and implementing new accounting methods and processes, as well as improvements to automated accounting systems. The Financial Accountant will be participating in budgeting and forecasting processes, identifying and resolving complex financial issues, and researching root cause of key variances and recommending corrective/preventative actions. You will serve as the liaison between Finance and other departments.
- Analyze financial results and report conclusions to Finance and CDG Management.
- Maintain and update project budgets and forecasts by interacting with the program managers to ensure Project P&L is accurate and up to date.
- Focal point for the company’s key projects through your interaction with the Program Management Office.
- Prepare monthly financial package for management review and provide reports for the monthly CDG Finance meeting.
- Perform variance analysis at all levels, department, account, project, etc.
- Assist with indirect department budget preparation and serve as a liaison between Finance and other departments.
- Perform monthly overhead rate and fringe rate analyses, and provide reliable projections to finance management.
- Provide quarterly applied fringe and applied overhead for the estimated bill rates for Boeing SOW.
- Assist with headcount forecast and direct labor forecast for the LRBP (Long Range Business Plan) process.
- Assist in the monthly and annual financial closings and financial statement preparation. (On time – error free).
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and yearly Boeing schedules (on time-error free.
- Other duties as assigned.
CDG, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.