- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Office
Assists the FSO/Deputy FSO in overseeing the Personnel and Facility Security programs for the Corporation. Assists project managers and their staff in supporting the various contract security requirements at world-wide locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates independent judgment, strong customer service, and communication skills in processing security clearances, building passes, and common access card (CAC) and visit authorization letters to various government agencies.
2. Follows directives as identified in the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM), and coordinates with Government representative for that Program. Develop and administer security procedures throughout the corporation to comply with the NISPOM.
3. Provides various government forms (e.g., OF306, DD1172, DD2249,) to staff to complete to obtain government building and computer access via a common access card (CAC). Tracks staff progress, completion, submission to government entities. Submits badge/CAC requests. Follows-up with government entities as needed to ensure staff meet the security requirements and can work on the contract.
4. Processes and coordinates security clearance activities to include, but not limited to reviewing individual security clearance applications.
5. Onboard new employees and ensure security documentation is completed.
6. Maintain electronic security files.
7. Ensure sub-contractors meet contract security requirements.
8. Develop and deliver security indoctrination briefings/debriefings; process visit certifications; continuously review personnel security reportable items.
9. Recommend personnel security operating procedures and security education materials. Complies with all Corporate and Customer Policies, NISPOM, DOD 5200 series and directives. Prepares reports and briefings as required. Receives general guidance from company Facility Security Officer/Deputy Facility Security Officer.
10. Perform other job-related duties and work on special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred, HS diploma required.
2. One or more years’ experience in the government Industrial Security arena.
3. Must be a US citizen and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to complete Defense Security Systems (DSS) required personnel security and FSO training.
2. Detailed knowledge of personnel security requirements in NISPOM, DOD 5200 series and applicable DCID directives.
3. One or more years of experience using e-QIP, JPAS, SWFT, ISFD and Fieldprint software.
4. Working knowledge of Access Commander security management software is a plus.
5. Able to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
6. Must have demonstrated experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
7. Create and maintain reports in Excel or other software systems.
8. Create visit authorization letters (VAL and VAR) in Word or JPAS and Access Commander.
9. CDSE Security completion certificates pertaining to Industrial Security is a plus.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Office Demands:
Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays
Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business
Working under time pressure
Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines
Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to AFSC travel policies and procedures.
Physical requirements can typically be characterized as sedentary: work involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Major Job activities and mental requirements:
Multiple concurrent tasks
Ability to perform under stress
Reading and comprehension
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Armed Forces Services Corporation (AFSC) is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.