Junior Project Manager Local Design-Build High-end Custom Homebuilder - Charlotte, NC
Charlotte area single family Home Builder is currently looking to hire.
* Our ideal candidate is self- motivated, self- directed, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and enjoys being part of a team of professional individuals committed to being the best in the industry. We currently are building high-end single family homes in and around Charlotte.
Supervise and direct all aspects of the construction process. Responsible for quality control as well as budget compliance. Also will be responsible for occasional interactions with the home owner.
* Coordinate and supervise all construction activities on projects
* Frequent communication with Home Buyers and Sales Agents to ensure contract adherence
* Direct all trade partners to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications
* Promote job site safety and encourage safe work practices. Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures.
* Create construction schedules, identify and solve problems related to construction schedule
* Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary throughout project schedule
* Understand project plans and specifications – work with architecture team to resolve discrepancies
* Solicit trade partner bids and manage trade relationships – including monitoring performance
* Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variance and implementing corrective actions
* Track and receive material orders, resolving discrepancies
* Maintain positive relationships with homeowners, trade partners, suppliers, sales team and fellow employees
* Completion of final quality inspection prior to closing
* A strong working knowledge of computer and scheduling software.
* Minimum two years residential construction experience with a strong passion to manage construction
* Two years of lead carpentry or a building trade, where you manage a team
* Some Knowledge of building codes
* Extremely well organized
* Candidate must be self-motivated, well organized and able to communicate effectively.
* Able to operate a computer/tablet/smart phone
* Able to be results driven while establishing great working partnerships
* Must have reliable transportation
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year