At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of Web Communications, the Web Content Manager supports and executes university-wide web content strategy, maintenance, migration and training on the SharePoint platform for website administrators in colleges, departments and administrative divisions across the university. The Web Content Manager works on enterprise-wide SharePoint migration projects, information architecture and on-going sites updates, ensuring content is organized in a manner consistent with university standards and best practices.
Working in a customer relationship management and technical capacity, s/he also builds and maintains relationships with web developers, Media Production and Training (MPT), Information Services (IS) and other university stakeholders to apply and adapt Web-based technology as well as troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, requests, and questions. The Web Content Manager serves in an advisory and consulting role on adherence to the DePaul brand and best practices for the web and provides training as necessary including creating and maintaining training materials, resources and documentation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Works on SharePoint migration projects, site planning and creation and on-going site updates and enhancements. This includes pre-assessment, site-map creation and information architecture and build-out, and migrating content while ensuring information is organized in a manner consistent with all guidelines and university standards.
- Works in a customer relationship management and technical capacity to understand customer content needs, improve user experience, and resolve problems, requests, questions and enhancements. Prioritizes, executes and closes IS tickets as assigned. Understands how customer/user issues may impact other functions and shares information appropriately. Consults with web administrators, makes decisions and offers suggestions on best practices, content strategy, information architecture and page layouts to improve user experience. Establishes and communicates expectations regarding quality and service; identifies repeated customer concerns or roadblocks, addresses them in a timely manner and seeks new ways to improve web/online experience for content administrators and users; communicates technological updates and changes to SharePoint and broad architecture/guidelines. Serves a liaison between Web Communications/EMM and IS and web content administrators in colleges and offices across the university.
- Reviews existing web content; conducts needs analysis; identifies Search Engine Optimization (SEO) criteria; assists with testing new solutions and makes suggestions for improvements.
- Develops, promotes and executes trainings to create awareness of systems management and web content strategy best practices. Creates and maintains documentation for university websites, updating the MPT training team and adjusting training materials accordingly. Provides ongoing support for web administrators across the university.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in English, marketing/communications or journalism.
- 3-5 years experience of project management with an emphasis on communication.
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with HTML/CSS preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
COMPETENCIES EXPECTED (Proficiency Levels Indicated for Each)
- Excellent written, verbal and editorial skills.
- Excellent project management and customer relationship management skills.
- Experience and skills in website management, information architecture, communications, and marketing.
- Excellent creative, journalistic, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative Web site measures.
- Experience in creating and executing trainings as well as communicating policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with Web authoring tools, Content Management Systems and software (Adobe Photoshop, etc.).
- Aesthetic Sensibility & Graphic Design - Intermediate
- Audience Awareness - Intermediate
- Brand Stewardship & Application - Intermediate
- Consultation & Influence - Intermediate
- Leveraging Technology - Intermediate
- Website Management - Mastery
- Information Organization - Mastery
- Writing Aptitude - Mastery
- Judgment & Decision-Making - Basic
- Cultural Awareness & Sensitivity to Diversity - Intermediate
- Effective Communication - Intermediate
- Mission Focus & Institutional Knowledge - Intermediate
- Project Management & Organization - Intermediate
- Relationship & Network Building - Intermediate
- Collaboration & Teamwork - Mastery
- Change Acumen - Basic
- Conflict Management - Basic
- Continuous Improvement - Basic
- Self-Awareness - Basic
- Education Industry Acumen - Intermediate
- Learning Agility - Intermediate
- Systems Thinking - Intermediate
- Thought Leadership - Basic
- Creativity & Innovative Thinking - Intermediate
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.