Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking a Substance abuse Counselor, an individual who possesses an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Addictions, Sociology, Social Work, Counseling, Nursing, or some other Human Development major. Also the Counselor must have the required licensing/certification for the specific position if applicable. This job requires the employee to provide counseling to the stated patient population. This includes medical facilities, hospitals, clinics, and other organizations that are in need of assistance.
- Providing necessary counseling as required for the patient.
- Asses the patient’s psychosocial needs, and evaluate the progress with supervisor.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
- Focus on assisting patient through discharge process of both in and out-patient treatment facilities as applicable.
- Utilizing a variety of therapy techniques and treatment plans.
- Facilitate patient progress and referrals with other agencies.
- Adhere to all Maxim policies and procedures when providing services to patients.
- Observe and report patient progress.
- Other Counselor duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field.
- Current health certificate/physical exam, if required by state regulations or Counselor contract specifications.
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Counselor licensing/certification according to state/facility requirement.
- Minimum of one year Counselor experience, working with patients preferred.
- Reliable transportation.
- Successful completion of Maxim screening exam with a score of 80% or greater.
- Must meet all Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Continuous professional and clinical training
- Awards and recognition programs
- Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is a leading provider of home healthcare, healthcare staffing, behavioral care, and population health and wellness services across the United States. We are committed to improving patient care and staffing world-class professionals. As a recognized provider of a comprehensive suite of healthcare services, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers and patients for nearly 30 years.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
Maxim Staffing Solutions is America's premier source for health care related employment. Stemming from Maxim Healthcare Services, a company with over decade of staffing expertise, we have found our niche by concentrating solely on the placement of imaging/radiology technologists and medical administrative professionals. With Maxim, you'll choose from preferred assignments and positions in some of the nation's most prestigious medical entities. We have temp-to-perm, direct placement and travel assignments available nationwide and a competitive benefits package for temporary employees.