The Graphic Design Intern (GDI) is a creative-minded team member who has the unique ability to establish powerful external and internal communications that support McClure Engineering Company’s (MEC) core values, vision, and mission. They are responsible for creating and designing powerful messages to potential and existing clients for the overall success of the firm.
The GDI will be required to work 10-15 hours per week during the semester (in and/or out of office - flexible work environment).
The team member is responsible for meeting our corporate initiative of “growing our people
- Assists Business Development team members on a variety of targeted communication materials. including proposals, brochures, and presentations focused on business development opportunities.
The GDI is responsible for meeting our corporate initiatives of “clients for life, best service delivery, and strong financial performance”
- Creates and designs effective marketing materials to capture new clients and maintain strong existing relationships.
- Uses Adobe and Microsoft software to create professional, effective marketing materials.
- Works with Team Members to insure quality communication materials are delivered on time.
- Prepares proposals and written documents to achieve a highly professional physical appearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A Graphic Design Intern must possess the soft skills required to build trust and relationships with MEC teammates and clients.
- Exceptional customer service skillset
- Knowledge and proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of AP style preferred.
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to take initiative, make decisions and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
- Working towards a degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, or a related field
- Previous Graphic Design experience preferred
- Previous internship experience preferred
Job Type: Internship