The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Director of Psychiatryto provide psychiatric leadership within behavioral health and function as a general resource for all CCH staff. This position works in collaboration with the Medical Director of Integrated Health, Vice President of Integrated Health, and other Colorado Coalition for the Homeless Leadership to administer behavioral health services throughout CCH. Additional functions include assuring clinical and administrative supervision of Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, and Clinical Nurse Specialists, and providing direct comprehensive mental health care to patients. This position is located at 2130 Stout St. Denver, CO 80205 and reports to the Chief Clinical Officer.
Qualified candidates are eligible for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program.Licensed health care providers may earn up to $50,000 toward student loansin exchange for a two-year commitment at an NHSC-approved site through this program.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. This may take 4 - 6 weeks to complete.Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs duties of a Staff Psychiatrist including Electronic Health Record (EHR) competencies.
- Responsible, with Directors of other CCH departments offering behavioral health services, for the clinical quality of behavioral health services at CCH.
- Works with HR and the Medical Director of Integrated Health to recruit, interview, and hire new psychiatric staff for the team. Assists in hiring of other staff as requested. Participates in the orientation of new staff.
- Provides, either directly or through delegation, clinical and administrative supervision of Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and students in those disciplines. Participates in staff scheduling and ensures adequate coverage during vacations.
- Completes all job descriptions, reports, and performance reviews as necessary.
- Provides consultation to CCH programs whose projects provide mental health services. Helps direct diagnostic and therapeutic plans in difficult cases.
- When appropriate, signs medical necessity forms and any other documentation requiring physician signature for client care and billing.
- Works with administrative and operational staff on billing for clinical services, including accurate documentation and coding and compliance with insurance requirements.
- Monitors service delivery, documentation, and outcome measures in assigned areas. This may include developing metrics/reports, setting productivity standards, and working with the data team to make use of capabilities within the EHR.
- Works with SSHC management, other BHmanagers/directors,and CCH QA/ compliance staff to assure that standards and competencies required by state and federal guidelines are met, such as those from the CO Office of Behavioral Health, state Behavioral Health Organizations, SAMHSA grants, HRSA, HIPAA etc.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director of Integrated Care and VP of Integrated Health Services, identifies unmet needs, participates in program development, develops and oversees program budgets and grant applications and participates in completing all required reports.
- Through the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, either directly or by delegation, participates in decisions regarding the CCH formulary in compliance with Colorado Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Serves as a member of the CCH Credentialing and Privileging Committee and reviews all documentation for behavioral health staff.
- Participates in the CCH Quality Assurance Program and related Quality Improvement activities.
- Participates in developing, disseminating, and maintaining adherence to Health Center and Behavioral Health Policies and Procedures.
- Serves as an advocate and educator regarding issues for persons who have mental health issues and who are homeless or formerly homeless to other staff within CCH and is available as a resource to other providers in the community and represents these issues in a variety of public forums.
- Acts as EHR champion for psychiatry, participating in core team, workflow standardization, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy and completion of an accredited residency program in psychiatry.
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in general psychiatry.
- Current DEA licensure.
- Prior management and supervisory experience.
- Experience working within an FQHC strongly preferred.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 2 years (Preferred)
Relocation Assistance Provided: