The Board, Committee & Legal Liaison provides highly responsible work for the CEO, In-House Legal Counsel, Board of Directors, and its officers and committees. Work requires the exercise of initiative, independent judgment and advanced administrative skills to a wide range of work situations often involving highly sensitive and confidential information. Work also involves a high level of contact with department heads, Board of Directors, committees, and the general public. Works under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and In-House Legal Counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines physical and logistical requirements for Board meetings, annual members meeting, and other community meetings.
- Updates Board of Directors section on the web site; monitors CEO tickler files for upcoming Board and Committee action deadlines; receives incoming Board, committee and legal correspondence determining proper course of action and prepares replies;
- Serves as Assistant Secretary of the Board; maintains corporate and legal files; researches, compiles data, and prepares reports as required.
- Responds to routine Board and committees on various issues and requests and informs committees of Board requests and decisions.
- Serves as staff contact and attends Board or community committees as requested by CEO and In-House Legal Counsel.
- Researches and prepares summaries for Board on various issues; prepares, assembles materials and ensures timely delivery of Board and other meeting materials as time permits.
- Coordinates with other RA departments and Board Advisory Committees to collect, analyze, and report on issues;
- Assists CEO and In-House Legal Counsel in preparing for attending or coordinating various community/public meetings many of which will require evening hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
- Progressively Responsible Administrative: 3 years
- Driver's License and good driving record.
Required work authorization: