This position is responsible for identifying, acquiring, qualifying, analyzing, and distributing data in support of MHE’s evolving physical and digital product Supply Chain Strategy as well as Forecasting, Supply Planning, and Sourcing operations. The Data Analyst works closely with multiple business and technical teams.
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Create and maintain queries, data sets, and analysis to monitor supply chain performance, evaluate trends, and support demand and supply planning activities
- Perform ad-hoc / non-repetitive data analysis to support fact-based decision
- Develop, implement, and maintain a variety of reports related to supply chain management.
- Conduct statistical analysis, develop machine learning methodologies, and model estimation including variance estimation for complex business metrics as well as handling issues with heavy tailed distributions and extreme values
- 2+ years of experience in a role with heavy emphasis on quantitative analysis and data analytics (Supply Chain and/or Finance experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in or with a concentration in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Science, or Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience defining statistical experiments and using analytical tools (SAS, SPSS, R, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience using business intelligence, data warehousing, data mining, modeling, data analysis, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, Python, etc.)
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MapReduce etc.)
- Advanced skills and experience using Excel (complex modeling, importing/linking datasets, using macros, VBA scripting, pivot tables, etc.) and Access (database design, data modeling, complex query building, reporting, etc.).
- Experience working with Salesforce.com data for reporting and analysis preferred.
- Experience with Oracle databases and/or Oracle EBS preferred.
- Solution-driven, customer service mindset with the ability to multi-task and work agilely within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills to analyze, interpret and synthesize large data sets with limited direction.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn
North America-United States-Ohio-Blacklick