ProSync is seeking an experienced System Engineer.
Title of Position:
System Engineer Level 3
Description of Position:
The Level 3 System Engineer shall be able to perform the indicated Level 0, 1, & 2 tasks plus the following indicated tasks:
Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conduction systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
Conducts and/or approves end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
Improves standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
Fully defines interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software; and electrical and mechanical characteristics of hardware
Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
Ensures effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
Serves as a member of the CCB
Develops system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion and growth
U.S. Citizenship and TS/SCI with Polygraph (within the last five years)
CCAs will not be considered
Education and Experience Required:
Twenty (20) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Five (5) years Additional Domain Experience:
Computer Network Operations:
- Utility Computing; Network Management; Virtualization; Cloud Computing; Ozone Widget Framework (OWF)
- Circuit-switched networks, IP networks, encryption equipment, multiplexers, cross-connect systems, network protocols, routers & switches
- Smart data tagging; virtual computing; thin clients applications
- Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems
- Modern wireless communication signals; Airborne; Airborne (CROFA)
- Geolocation, Ground-Based, Algorithm design & prototyping; FORNSAT; Terrestrial Radio Frequency (TRF)
- Joint program collection platforms and dataflow architectures; signals characterization analysis; ClanSig collection platforms and architectures
- Tower-climbing training and certification in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1926.502 & 503
- Agilent Blackbird, GIS and GIS based RF propagation Tools, GeoSM tools, Spectrum XXI, ACES/JACS, SPEED, Coalition Joint Spectrum Management Planning Tool (CJSMPT), NTIA/FCC/Pub 7 Manuals/Pub 8, Host Nation Spectrum Worldwide Database
- Radio Direction Finding, Angle of Arrival Estimation, and Time & Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) precision geo-location.
- Scripting language; Linux/RedHat
- High level of tactical military experience and knowledge
- Ability to score a minimum of 80% in each event on a standard Army or Marine Corps physical fitness test
- FAA Class 3 physical and aerospace physiology and training requirements
- Contract-level technical oversight
ProSync's executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync.
Employees of ProSync Technology Group, LLC and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sex, age, or marital status.
Email Staffing@prosync.com for more specifics regarding the position.