GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always.
DAY SHIFT MONDAY - FRIDAY
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
Responsible for the leadership, vision and overall operation of the nursery, obstetrics and pediatric departments of the hospital. a nursing department or multiple departments in the hospital. The incumbent will work with physicians and staff to ensure patient care is delivered in an efficient and effective manner. Helps identify opportunities for improving patient outcomes and helps oversee navigation of patients through their inpatient stay in an efficient manner. Models behaviors congruent with Genesis Mission and Values and promotes consistent adherence to the values within the organization.
1. Plan, directs, coordinates and evaluates overall nursing practice, administrative activities including fiscal material and human resource management for areas of responsibility.
2. Serves on hospital committees and participates in the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures.
3. Identifies internal and external ways to leverage core business strengths.
4. Financially accountable for aspects of the business utilizing available financial systems and reports and understanding the expense and revenue aspects of the business.
5. Communicates business imperatives, goals and direction in a clear and complete manner.
6. Establishes clear goals and outcomes that drive change process.
7. Coaches and mentors staff.
8. Maintains an environment where all diversity is respected.
9. Holds people to high quality standard.
10. Maintains knowledge of regulatory changes and organization compliance.
11. Maintains highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in nursing, health education, management or related field required.
2. Current Ohio RN licensure required.
3. Labor & delivery experience and post-partum experience required.
4. Minimum 3 years of management experience.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology, levels of care, treatment modalities, and the present health care delivery system.
6. Ability to coach employees and promote nursing excellence.
7. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex working environment.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.