Door Creek is adding a part-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator position to their new campus on the Northside of Madison. A compassionate, organized leader, who loves Jesus, loves children and would have experience working in a multi-ethnic community with multi-ethnic students.
- Execute and teach children’s ministry program materials
- Be an equipper. Recruit, train and encourage team leaders and volunteers
- Be a part of the planning and development of the ministry
- Ensure that church procedures and policies regarding safety of the children are updated and being followed.
- Communicate on an ongoing bases with parents/guardians of children
- Conduct background and reference checks for each new volunteer
- Perform other duties as assigned by campus pastor.
- Experience in children’s ministry
- Experience working in low income neighborhood or has a heart for those in need
- Maintains personal, spiritual, and professional growth
- Possesses a vibrant growing personal committed relationship with Christ.
- Experience working in multi-ethnic communities and with multi-ethnic students
- Embrace the mission and vision of Door Creek Church
- Door Creek Church member who shares our values and vision for ministry and regularly nurtures their own spiritual growth
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, create and maintain systems, and motivate others
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including strong listening skills
- Have a growing ability and desire to lead
- A positive attitude and outlook
- Sincere humility, a teachable spirit
Job Type: Part-time
- children's ministry: 1 year
- High school or equivalent