Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC.
Our team at NYPC is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
The Intake Medical Records Coordinator will be responsible for registering new patients into our company database as well as collecting patient information, including demographics, insurance information, and medical records. The Intake Medical Records Coordinator provides assistance to patients by verifying pre-certifications, admissions and inquiries from insurance companies. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the referral processes for all New York Proton Center patients are complete and effective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain medicals records for new and returning patients to New York Proton Center
- Separate medical records into appropriate record types and upload them into the electronic medical record system
- Obtain all patient medical imaging and upload any imaging discs into the internal imaging system
- Obtain initial authorizations for consult and simulation appointments
- Initiate insurance authorizations for proton therapy treatment
- Comply with all New York Proton Center policies related to Privacy Rules established under the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum of one-year medical office experience, required
- Familiarity with patient medical records, required
- Strong data entry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.