Product Manager- Cable Management
Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue. Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
Reporting to the VP/GM the Product Manager is responsible for all product portfolio, development and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, developing roadmap, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver end-user driven innovative product portfolio. It also includes working with sales, marketing, engineering, and operation to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This role is critical to optimize cable management product sales and margin expansion through innovations. The Product Manager will report directly to Vice President and General Manager for Cable Management and the position will be headquartered in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Own the product category and define the product strategy
- Manage custom build to order VA/VE on projects; Including prefabrication and modular construction
- Manage the technical sales engineering support team to drive value in the market
- Manage product life cycle and develop product roadmap (conduct bi-annual product roadmap review and product planning)
- Work closely with innovation team (product engineer group) to drive product innovation and improve product margins through proactive VOCs (innovation through observation) and NPD processes
- Develops and implements a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Analyzes product position in market relative to price, profitability, and market share and Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Demand creation for existing, proprietary and new products through ongoing joint engineering and specification calls
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and product category
- Set pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Education, training and development of our front line sales team (inside and outside)
- Ongoing profiling and reporting of competitive strength and weakness
- Provide thought leadership to innovation team and product group
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Product Engineer, Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- 3+ years of experience in a job in the NA Cable Management/ electrical industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering Undergrad and MBA preferred)
- Technical background, with experience in NEC code, Cable development
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 35% of the time
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
- Proficient in word, Excel, Power-Point, CRM systems
Atkore’s mission is to be the customer’s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery, and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and process.
We are able execute on our mission through our core values. All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence (ATIRE). Senior leaders are also expected to drive innovation by delivering value to our customers through a culture built from a mindset, skill set, and tool set that drives breakthrough results.
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!