The Research Data Specialist (RDS) supports the Transplant Pregnancy Registry International (TPR) in its mission to provide ongoing research focused on the effects of pregnancy on transplant recipients and the effects of immunosuppressive medications on fertility and pregnancy outcomes through the collection, maintenance and review of data. The RDS must employ data base management experience, excellent organizational and communion skills and a desire to work with a dedicated group of professionals.
This position requires an individual who can:
- Organizes and maintains TPR data and analytic reporting using PATS’ (Patient Analysis & Tracking System) Axis clinical data management tool.
- Enters data provided by the research coordinators with accuracy and consistency into TPR clinical data management tool.
- Prepares and confirms accuracy of data through standard and custom reporting for further analysis by collaborators for consideration for presentation and/or publication, including for annual report, chapters, articles and abstract submissions.
- Tracks due dates and drafts routine event reports to study cosponsors as appropriate; discuss other event reports with the senior research coordinator and/or Principal Investigator.
- Maintains schedule for patient, center and industry contact follow-up through TPR electronic database.
- Attends scientific meetings as needed.
- Serves as a backup for corresponding with recipients, transplant centers, hospital medical records staff to request required information/medical records.
- Performs miscellaneous related duties and performs other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess:
- BS/BA degree in related field of study required
- Strong statistical analysis skills required
- Database, basic epidemiological and statistical experience required
- Research processes and medical clinical trials experience preferred
- Analytical and problem solving abilities are required in order to gather and summarize data for reports
- Strong written communication skills, excellent command of the English language, including spelling, punctuation, grammar and word usage; attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing and editing reports
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in Microsoft Office, including Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint software
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.50 /hour